PHOTO CAROSEL

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Copic info

I really do find the Copics easy to use. It maybe it is because I spend a lot of time with my colored pencils & mineral spirits, blending until my fingers are numb. The fumes may have gotten to me.

I will be taking the Copic certification class at the end of the month. I can't wait to put that little button on this blog. I am going to Chino for the class. I had no luck convincing them to come to Vegas for me.

Really the only lessons I've had with them are on the web. I kind of took what I thought was the best of all of them and then gave it a shot. I need to tweak a few things. I really like mu first attempt-the blue bombshell. It did take about 2 hours. Not bad for a first try. Not good when my hubby pointed out it will probably sell for $5 on eBay this week. I don't sell them to make $$$$ just to justify my craft addiction. You know if I make $5, I feel perfectly justified in spending $20.

Speaking of price, I know they are expensive. I have to have the brush tipped sketch, they are refillable, your can air brush with them and they color on anything. I couldn't ask for more. Well except if they could put theselves away when I finish with them.

I addicted to Marianne and all the other Copic Diva's tutorials. My idol and paper craft goddess, Lauren Meader, has a different take on them. I like her easy going have fun with is style. I also read everything from Ellen Hutson's and her faboo design team.

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Hi Kimmie,
I would love to take that class...Are you talking about Chino California? If so, would you mind sharing the class info with me? Hey, did you want to come play blog candy with me? :)Just stop by ok? I subscribed to your blog...did you notice :) Anyway, I will chat with you soon. Drop by and say hi if you get a chance.