PHOTO CAROSEL

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Midnight Madness week 17

I just love to stamp on trash. I mean that hard plastic that seems to cover everything you buy. I cut out the parts that are flat and save them for projects like this. How green is that? I use this great stamp with vintage Christmas ornaments from DRS designs. I cut the square out in the middle so you are actually lookng thru the card. First I stampes the image with stazon on the front, and then colored the ornaments using my Copics on the back. Copics work great on anything, even plastic. I took a little liberty with the sketch to get my peek-a-boo look to work. That is what using sketches is about inspiring you, this is how the sketch inspired me.

3 comments:

Denise @ kc242 said...

Kimmie, what and unusual and creative approach! It is neat to be green! I have never thought of reusing plastic. I will have to try it! Your images are lovely and your whole card is just phenominal! I really like the way that you put it together!

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

I'm always looking at those plastic pieces and thinking about trying to use them too! I'd never thought of stamping directly onto to them! Great idea! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an awesome way to reuse Kimmie!! So creative!!! I love your image!! Gorgeous take on the sketch!! I will have to try using plastics like this sometime.